Thread: Dark Elves?
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dark Elves?

to Sombre: (& Valandil, it seems)
I've begun work on one some times ago. Unfortunately, I've no great ability w/ pixelart, & this requires a lot. I've found one person who did such in past, but she is currently busy. For now, I have some Excel table with unit' etc. stats. It doesn't include special characters, as they are more difficult for converting into Dominions system (e.g., WH currently has warrior mages only as exception, while in Dominions they are the rule(z ); also, we usually don't use specials in play.
For now, I'll just try to download it here.

Quote:
The sacredness of witch elves is valid based on background, but you have to consider the prevalence of them. I they were 0-1, or even rare, I could see making them sacred, but as they stand, it seems qestionable at best, and unduly limiting.
If they were 0-1, it would make sense to make them (sorry for pun ) capital only. They are common enough & so can be produced everywhere.
Black Guard, on the other hand, can be made capital only (as they are in WH); & they wear enough armor to make them Resource-costly... As for Eternal Hatred, it can be translated either as extrs-high Attack, or as Berserk...
Quote:
I would have a summonable highborne on a dragon, as opposed to making them recruitable. In middle era, I do not think that mighty sc commanders are appropriate, and in order to fit with other dominions dragons, a black one has to be of an SC level.
And why on Earth (or WarHammer %) ) do you make WarHammer races into MA factions??!! They are surely more in style for LA... And making them recruitable doesn't need to make them cheap...
Quote:
Malekith as pretender. Sort of fits, sort of not.
Of course, polytheism of most WarHammer races is a problem here (at least, one of). As for being hideously powerful, he was still defeated more than once, & probably has afflictions enough to cut him down to size... And he prefers to not risk himself, which means that actually he may be not so powerful as his reputation...
Attached Files
File Type: xls 595431-wh-conv.xls (157.5 KB, 106 views)