View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:15 AM

Private

Smauler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new map generator

Firstly, great work, paradoxharbinger . Unfortunately, I'm having a few problems with scripting. For example, my script: script.spt file containsCode:
pcount: 100

and results inCode:
script: ./script.spt ... success

pcount: 1000 ... success

That's a bit quirky, but it seems to work when you realise it adds about a factor of 10 to you pcount. However, I can't get some other stuff to work at all:
Code:
pcount: 10
filename: test2

results in:
Code:

pcount: 10

filename: test22 ... failed

The pcount isn't increased, and the filename is, and it fails. Changing the pcount to a higher value dousn't help. Just
Code:
filename: test2

results in:
Code:

filename: test22 ... success

Anyway, I'm a bit confused - seems as if if I put two variables in, it gets screwed. It's a little screwy with one, too. I've tried other scripting variables, with the same result. I tried switching to Unix style line breaks to see if that would fix it (I was clutching at straws here ), but same again. I may try downloading again, see if that fixes it.

Oh, my verion numbers are off too. In the title bar MapGen claims it's v 0.52.03082007, and in the program it claims it's 0.51.03082007.

If I'm doing something unbelievable stupid, feel free to point and laugh, but I can't figure it out

edit : And one last thing - I'm using Dominions 2... please don't drop support for it... pretty please?