View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Sergeant

Leif_- is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Answering the Critics

There's no city building in chess either, yet I've never heard anyone accuse that game of not being deep enough. They might as well complain that Master of Orion 2 isn't deep because you can't equip your commanders with items.

Further they're confusing the terms complex and complicated. Dominions is complex, yes, but that's a good thing. It is not needlessly complicated (well, the GUI is, but the game isn't).

As The_Tauren13 pointed out, gold and resource points aren't the main resources in Dominions by far. In fact, by the late mid game they're not even important resources (well, true for Dominions 2 at least. I'm not entirely sure about Dom 3 yet.)

Just tell them to consider the magic aspect of the game as similar to the base building aspect of other 4x games. Then bludgeon them about the head with the manual until they see the light (or until you're hauled away by the police and charget with gross battery.)