Old May 14th, 2018, 06:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vistula crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
I am increasingly wishing to make scenarios for those AARs alone. They are so good!
Well fought!

I just wodner what happened with the last patch. I could swear that original scenario included modern munitions for Leopard 2PL since Poland has it - should be 120mm "Mesko" with 82cm RHA after the new patch. Probably an error during the update?

Thank you very much! Although the credit should go to you as well, since it is because I like your scenarios that I decided to make such detailed AARs. And more scenarios of that caliber are most welcome!

Regarding the Leos gun, I realized that when I saw that I couldn't penetrate the front hull or turret of a T-80UD, even at point blank range (when I should be able to at least penetrate the hull). The Leos in this scenario are equipped with the L44 firing West German 1987 ammo. They have a Sabot round with a penetration of 70 and a HEAT with a penetration of 60. That is true only for the Leos of the scenario however. If you go to the unit's info, you say that they should be equipped with the Mesko gun indeed with the 82 AP. I actually thought that you intentionally changed the gun so as to give worse ammunition that usual, possibly to make the scenario even more challenging. Maybe you gave Leo-2A4s to the Poles at first and then changed the unit? If that happen then maybe for some strange reason they kept their gun but nothing else.
That is negative. 34th Cavalry Brigade uses precisely the 2PL variant as it is (was) the best equipped unit in Polish army (originally there were 2 Leopard battalionss, but literally last year one was shipped to Warsaw and SAME CREWS got their T-72s back after ~15 years, which was a major scandal).

I am pretty sure DRG that I used 2PL variant with best ammunition in the original file. Is is also the point, as every nation in this series will get 2 scenarios (except of Slovakia maybe) - one with "typical" unit and one with "best line" unit, so I obviously do not want to cut on quality

Check this, it may require a fix for future patches.