Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #3 The Road to El-Arish

[quote=jivemi;822977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post
Yeah, but as we used to say in the US Army, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades :-). A loss is still a loss, but maybe a better player could win it in 12 turns. Pretty challenging though.

They're 10 and 11 turns respectively--the variant gives you more infantry and arty too--which IMO is asking the impossible, at least for #63 (haven't played #64 yet). Fourteen turns each might give you a fighting chance for an MV. And yes, I've already bumped them up on my own; just waiting for positional memories to fade before having another go. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
I'll admit that it's a tough,but does every battle have to be balanced?
More times than not there totally not equal or the avantange swings to one side or the other,depending on numerical or just plain skill of the commander,look at Alexander he was always out numbered but still won.
There is alot research done on historical battles to make them accurate as possible i'm sure,and sometimes you are lucky not to get a major disaster
I play it as it is most of time,adding more turns can make the difference,although not the way as the designer intended,but who's watching over you anyways
The Following User Says Thank You to gila For This Useful Post: