Thread: AAR Bear vs Dragon
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bear vs Dragon

Turns 1-12

My recon troops move east and southwest and soon occupy the important hills at (1) and (2). Reinforcements arrive: two BMP companies with two T-90 platoons attached, together with several engineering vehicles. These will be useful, for there is a blockade at (3) with barbed wire and dragon’s teeth. My BMPs move south, but they come under fire by 85mm AT guns at (4). It seems that, in addition to the Chinese, North Korean forces are also opposing me. One gun is spotted after firing three rounds ineffectively and gets neutralized by 30mm fire from overwatching BTRs. The other is yet to be seen, which makes me more cautious.

My engineering vehicles move south to clear the obstacles. Russian 122mm artillery masks them with smoke barrages. Nevertheless, enemy mortars shell the Russian force intensely, forcing the supporting T-90s to retreat to a safer place. Despite the enemy bombardment, the engineers manage to slowly remove any obstacle they see. So fat, my only losses are two Sappers from an undetected minefield.
One BMP-3 platoon will relieve the scouts at (1) and defend the location themselves. Another BMP platoon will move with the scouts at the ridge at (5), to capture this important high ground as well.
Resistance was very light so far: only sporadic MG and AT fire, together with mortar barrages. That will soon change I believe.

When the mechanized platoon reached (1), Russian recon started advancing towards (5). They soon came under ATGM fire from that location, which destroyed one BTR. Russians called artillery on that location to suppress the ATGMs. Chinese tried to stall the Russian advance with mortar fire of their own.

To the south, the engineer vehicles and troops, clear the obstacles under heavy mortar fire. 3 vehicles were immobilized, but progress is being made and a breach will soon be a reality. Behind the breaching teams, two platoons of SP artillery specialized for infantry support is about to go into the breach. Each platoon has a ZSU-23 for anti-infantry work and one BMPT infantry support AFV. Behind these, a T-90 squad and a BMP squad will get ready to assault the hill at (4).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: