Thread: Machaka
View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:44 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road
Default Machaka

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions on Arco, I had a great deal of fun. I did not have a great deal of success with human commanders with magic items, with a couple of exceptions. The powering up of mages was a huge success, no surprise there. Putting ranged weapons or spells in the hands of generals was worthwhile, over time. Aside from a few routs caused by a bow of accuracy killing a commander, they rarely turned battles. However, the kill rate eventually pushed them into the hall of fame, suggesting that they added a bit to each battle. Finally, when I stated summoning some of the high level units and then dumped tons of magic items on them, the game was over.

Now, for the next project! Machaka. I have never played them before, even though I do live in Africa. What do you all suggest? I see the witch doctors have poor research and there are several kinds of priests? Should I take a bless/dominion strategy? Is finding a library critical? Can the spiders make credible knights for a more military strategy? Please, let me know your ideas!