View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM

Sergeant

serg3d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Generated campain 2006

Next two battles:
Assault vs Poland
I've upgraded my scout to three RPO Shmel and two Heavy ATGM Khrisantema.
I've never had succesful assaults with maineclearing, only with Air/Helo drop, so now I desided to try direct approach.
Bought 6 T72 ERA mineclearing tanks, 2 S-300 SAM, and the rest - nine(!) platoons of para-pioneers with trucks. I did a big mistake - I bought cheapest pioneers, and they happens to be armed with AKSU (which is erroneously called SMG - it's not, it is an assult rifle) and some fuel-air RPO, with AKSU range 4 and RPO range 2. Not very effective troops.
Mineclearing tanks started to make a path through the mine along the road, with swamp on the both side. The road went to the only bridge through the stream. Forturnatly only two SPAA guarded the bridge - my tanks made a short work of them. Gunship was damaged and run away. Minecleaners made a path to the clear patch , directly connected to the cluster of victory hexes. Trucks with peoneers followed, doing nothing. On the cleared patch, before the forest surraunding v hexes I tried to deploy pioneers. But they were slow on top of everytheeng. So I moved my trusty BRM to the v hexes...Surprise! mines everythere. Poineers failed to detect them, minecleaners as well. Hidden infantry started popping all around. Bloody mess started. I moved everething forward (Pioneers stuck far behind), but two of the three dug in Leopards 2A, which supposed to be suppresed (they were pinned) started shooting as soon as I was out of the forest. Bam, bam, two minecleaners down. I wait a turn and managed to kill one Leopard with arty (Pion). Moved core T90+ - Bam, T90 no more. Moved second (it's turn 26 out of 28, and mines everythere) - another down. Third - Bam, no effect, Leopard Killed. Result - 2 T90M+ , 1 BRM lost, all hexes taken, some mincleaners tanks lost too, marginal victory. Poineers were not used.

Now - Poland on the attack. A new addition to the core force - K-50 gunship. All support points spent on the ammo.
Position is very good for defence - I deployed my forces in some depth, but not very deep. Put Khrisantemas on the points, behind them RPO, Tanks and BRM. Send K-50 to scout.
Soon with K-50 and tanks I've spotted a huge crowd of Polish
armor , mix of T72, Leopard2, APC, APC-ATGM. They were moving straight into my crossing fields of fire. Uragan, Pions, T90 and gunship and one Khrisantema all were able to hit them. Soon there was one huge spot of burning wrecks across the road. Gunship was damaged and run away. Polish also deployed some light tanks and leopards on other directions, but they weren't a problem too. Some tanks actually managed to penetrate first line of defence only to be hit by RPO Shmel, and finished with T90. My losses were neglegible. Desicive victory.
Next buttle will be assault vs USMC.
upgrades: another two T90M+ bought, one SPAA-SAM Tunguska.
Infantry SAM upraded to SA-18s.
Auxillary forces: 9 T80 mineclearing tanks, 2 poineers (RPO Shmel) platoons with helos, S-300 SAM, ammo.