Thread: SCENARIOS!
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:48 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCENARIOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
If you play it again they might not charge up the road.... that is the old AI preference for movement and we've coded the game to do that once in awhile just to keep people on their toes ( unless the road is the only really clear area on the map )....otherwise the AI doesn't "understand" roads are a fast way to destruction as much as before with the CD version... the DL version doesn't use the advanced AI movement code

However, it WAS fun to hear you give credit to the USAF ( and if you play it again the AF might not be so accomodating......it is the randomness we've built in that keeps the game interesting )

Don
I just checked with the editor as I suspected wulfir may have set the formation waypoints along the road. He hadn't. My guess would be the units got "behind schedule" on their waypoints and took the fastest route (the road) to try to catch up.

Believe me I was totally amazed when the B-52s actually hit where they did. I usually count myself lucky if a level bomber manages to hit anything.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein