View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs. Germany - Near Vyazma

Turn 10

The enemy on Charlie's front has just about had it. Scratch three more tanks. Two were destroyed near the gully and another destroyed moving south toward town. There is still a light tank near the village and three medium tanks near the paved crossroads. One of those is immobilized. There was a fifth tank, but it just fled the area. I managed to rally my ATG in the burning building and decided to save the gun by pulling back rather than trying to take out the light tank. It has no chance against the tanks Charlie has. My infantry is holding their position in the village west of the objectives and I'm moving my reserves up into the gully. Enemy infantry seen coming down the diagonal road. I'm sending transports back up to the village to pull my flank guard out. They've done their job and I want them out before the enemy levels the town with artillery. One last thing. I took the crew back to the tank they abandoned and they recrewed it.

Two Bravo tanks are still supporting Charlie in dealing with the infantry, but the other three tanks shifted west. Two enemy flak trucks have been spotted. Infantry pushing west in town, supported by tanks. Most enemy infantry is on or south of the central road. Enemy rockets dropped on the east edge of town and a Stuka and mortar targeted my immobilized tank.

I figured out what my ghost is; there is a sniper up there. He opened up on one squad in town and destroyed a truck that brought up some machine guns. I've got infantry and tanks moving to get him. Alpha also has to deal with an enemy platoon in their sector and one enemy tank coming up from the south. The did destroy two tank destroyers and a tank down near the south road.

I'm bringing up the trucks for my left flank guard. Like the right, they can move back now. If the enemy happens to come through on that side and try to get into my rear area, they will find a tank battalion that is bored The enemy is being kepted occupied with heavy artillery.

Counter battery still hitting enemy firing positions.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xZis Truck destroyed, Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIh, 3xPzKw 38b(t) tanks and 2xJPz I tank destroyers destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.