DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happiness in Darkness -An Argatha Ktonian Dead

Quote:
Boron said:

Quote:
DominionsFan said:
Quote:
Thilock_Dominus said:
The way to balance eventually a Draconians race to play may be giving them disadvantages which makes up for their strength-ness. It could be things like eg. very-low birth rate and/or very fragile versus cold etc. etc.
Hm....you have some valid points there..
And there is also gold cost. It could be very interesting if a nation would have almost only dragon units, but all units would cost 300+ gold. They would only have some very weak human servants, something like sappers, for sieging, but not for conquest.
So you would have thug-like units, but if they are expensive enough and all have some potential weaknesses it would be very interesting i think .

Imagine e.g. if all dragons would be cold blooded. This way in cold provinces they would have very high encumberance then.
And there are the seasons too, so during winter for the heat 0 preffered nations temperature would be cold 1 because of winter.
Might be very interesting and the dragonrace would probably be quite unique then in gameplay

Yes this sounds good. I will talk to my mates. The vanilla mod will have the lizardmen race for sure with draconian / dragon summons. [Well when the modding will allow us to add researchable summons, because we cannot do it in the vanilla game sadly.] Maybe later on we will add an own draconian race as well. Time will tell. [However the lizardmen will be sort of Draconic, because of the summons..]

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."