View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:45 PM

Private

Ezco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 10 heavy cavalry vs some troops & mages

Why would you write an answer to a pointless question, but to give an pointless answer? Aarghh even I get sidetracked on these pointless forums. Well luckily those multiplayer threads still have little point left.
First answers goes to Nick: I have punched trough 100 (I would assume that so many still qualify as "some troops") troops of soldiers to get at those pesky mages using only a few carefully scripted wolves/knights/cavalrys. Idea here is not to win a battle but to kill mages.
Next Homer: And I still believe that attack rear is better because it allows those troops because it allows those troops to move as far as possible to sucker those defending troops into attacking them (first center then other side and then those 6 left often pass them and attack rear where commanders are usually standing at this point). I would like to hear more explanations why, not beliefs.
Next Teraswaerto: Well I too have never heard of an army of 10 cavalry. Maybe "Ezcos breakers" "mage raiders" "small band you only have close when mages and some troops attack". I know its hard but impossible no. Done it many many times and against human players. You ask questions faster than I have time to answer.
Kissblade: Yes it is usually battle against overwhelming odds. Quick & easy is not something I'm looking for in this game. And your strategy of having only 1 decoy is kinda silly because of the explanation you wrote yourself.
SlipperyJim: I'll join the concensus that this was propably a bad idea. But I wouldn't have asked how to make some damage with an army of 300 elephants.
Ironhawk: It still has more information than with what I have to make many of my decisions in the game. In this game you will never know just how many troops you're going to battle unless you're playing in a very simple situation or against AI.
To all: Luckily this is something that is pretty simple to test in game. And if you could have just kept on topic I could have had some pretty nifty new tactics I think. But too late for that I guess. Sorry for bothering you.