View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2009, 08:54 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Future Combat System M12xx Missing in US OOB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmatov View Post
Trolling through the US OOB I'm finding the M11xx Stryker vehicles, but none of the proposed Future Combat System M12xx vehicles. Given that they are the vehicles proposed for the future, I'm surprised they are missing. Am I just not finding them?

thanks
The FCS chance of getting axed is too high to make developing the icons etc a worthwhile investment of time for the staff.
Besides its purported capabilities are not handled well by the game engine anyway. Even if it is not canned timeline wise it will probably just barely fit within the game, if that.

Quote:
I can sure understand that. The way things are going these day your OOB issues might get real easy - rifles, machine guns and hummers only.
I would not be so dramatic.The various Abrams/Bradley/Paladin etc. are going to stay, possibly with incremental upgrades.
The remaining M113s may be replaced by a combination of Stryker/Bradley/others variants (for logistical reasons).
The US Army will never become a light mechanized infantry only, because the need for tanks has been demonstrated repeatedly in the recent years.