Thread: Scenario #3 The Road to El-Arish
View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #3 The Road to El-Arish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
65 is okay I got a marginal, lost 2 Sherman's & did not risk capturing last 3 victory hexes.
AI has 20 vision so be wary.
Thanks for the warning. It's a delay so it should be easier, but I played #62 Kuneitra--a defend for the Israelis--and "only" got a marginal. The Syrians managed to grab a VH west of the trench but there was still enough point differential for the win.

So far out of about 15 scenarios I've only two DV's to show for it: #1 Obong-ni Ridge and #50 Kalilah. Kalilah is Blackard's first AIW scenario and it's an assault, but it seemed heavily weighted in Israel's favor. It may well be historical, since they didn't seem to need their reinforcements (unless the Jordanians overrun the AO who's hanging out on a proverbial limb).

Anyway MBT is really fun, not to mention demanding of the godlike commander's skill, flexibility, and crisis management .

@gila: No scenarios shouldn't have to be balanced. As you mention many historical battles were mismatches so this may be reflected in the game. Still, it would be nice to know sometimes if you're facing a seriously uphill fight.

Last edited by jivemi; November 25th, 2013 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: added message