View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2007, 10:27 AM

BANNED USER

Novi is on a distinguished road
Default Pythium\'s Magery

After all the fuss about Pythium's mighty summons and superb magic skills had been made, I decided to try them myself. I picked some nice scales and a Ghost King E4 D5 to supplement the nation's lack of paths.
So far so good; the troops seem to be decent enough, forts are being built on a daily basis so to say and with Arch-Theurgs' broad spectrum of magic paths the gems are flowing in nicely enough.

However.

At the first glance (Arch-)Theurgs make your jaw unhinge in awe:'Whoa, these bastards simply have to kick ***!' But when you check the spell list... What the hell CAN they cast? The combination of their paths seems to be practically useless. What to do with a communioned Arch-Theurg? Perhaps make him cast Mind Burn? Oh no, wait, Luck would be better!
Seriously, I think there is a severe lack of available battlefield spells for Pythium.
So far I've only come up with a handful of ideas:

-Orb Lightning and other lightning spells (Possible, but a group of 1 Theurg and 4 Communicants in order to kill 3-4 troops? Caelum would kick their arses any day of the week...)

-Falling Frost (Again, too many a Communicant, too puny an effect)

-Astral Fires (Ah, now there's something! [Haven't tested it yet, though...] But this spell can only be cast with a path in fire. And Theurgs with one are real primadonnas 1 out of every four and capital only)

So how the hell can I put those lazy bums into good use? (Any advice is appreciated) =)