Default Re: WIP Campaign "Kampfgruppe Weber"

First battle done!

---- S P O I L E R S B E L OW ------

Turn 00, Radio message from KG Weber:

"On Ablaufline ready, standing by."

Kampfgruppe deployed along the lower road ("Southern road"). Aiming to size the wooded hill overlooking all objectives. Sptize; PzGren-Zug Kessler, on foot.

Turn 01, Radio message from KG Weber:

"Weber tritt an...!"

Kessler leads the attack on foot followed by Pz-zug Schneider (Panther) and Kp-Trupp Kompanie Tauber.

Turn 05-09, erste Fiendberührung. Kessler bumps into Ami infantry screening Objective Yellow. Pz_Zug Schneider is called forward and is engaged by 57mm Pak, two Panthers are damaged - both losing their main guns. Wooded hill is taken without resistance.

Pz-Zug Kramer (PzIV) is deployed on the hill, in cover. MG-Zug Scherrer deploys its MG42 on the hill. Bauers SdKfz 234/1s are brought forward on the hill.

PzGren-Zug Krause (Gep.) is kept in reserve behind the hill.

Turn 10-20, Objective Green taken without resistance by Tauber.

Kessler meets with moderate resistance advancing on Obj Yellow. Can not identify enemy Pak-Stellung, Panthers called back. MG and Grw fire drives the Ami infantry back and Kessler takes Obj Yellow but suffers losses.

The Moebelwagen damages one Lightning and shoots down another but is then in turn destoryed by Jabos. No survivours. Enemy artillery imobilise a half-track and both of Bauers two SdKfz 234/1s.

Kramer loses one PzIV and has one PzIV damaged to Pak-fire from Objective Red.

Turn 21-25, Radio message from KG Weber:

"Krause Objective Red, links umfassen."

PzGren-Zug Krause moves out to flank Obj Red on the left but is targeted by enemy Jabos. Only Krause's own section and half-track makes it, the rest of the platoon is wiped out. Attack on Obj Red is called off.

- - - - - - -

Very nice map, good deployment of the American forces. Fun to play.
I was somewhat careless and recieved a major bloody nose, and lost about half of the KG's combat-power. I see no need to change anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post: