View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2003, 10:59 PM

Colonel

Master Belisarius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5, Tell Aaron what\'s on your Wish List

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBlip:
Since this is what we want for SE V...
1) It would be really nice to have a scripting language for the AI's so you could write your own "intellegence" for the AI. This way you could determine what the AI would want to do and the order to do it. Yes this is a very complex undertaking (Stars! Supernova was attempting it with their RDL (?) language). I guess you would need two sets, one for the strategic AI, one for the tactical AI. I have done AI programming in the past so I have an interest in this arena. I always have thought it would be fun to program several of the AI races and see how they do against each other. I tend to enjoy this more than just playing the game. However I expect I am about a 0.01% market share so I am not holding my breath
hehehe, you're not alone in the boat!

Your request is my request for SE5 too...
Stars!Supernova was following this idea: they created an script language, that the people could use to improve the AIs behavior.
Currently, I enjoy more modding SE4 AIs than palying the game itself!

But note, that although people like you and me, could be only the 0.01% of the market, already was was good for MM: the modders that improved the AI scripts helped to make the game more challenging, and then, think these people helped in some way to improve the SE4 sales!