Thread: Indep. Mages
View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Indep. Mages

Quote:
Methel said:
Now now uncle, you're putting words in my mouth. I asked if others used those as researchers. I see the uses of those if you need the magic paths (as you might have learned if you read the post) But are the usual indeps. worth the price for a sub par mage, or is it better to save up and build another castle for making you're (usually) better national mages?
There are times when I really need blood or fire mages. I dont mind finding the amazons that give blood/fire mages. And the griffon riders have been known to be handy.

Not so much with the air/astral Amazons. Sometimes with the death ones. The water/nature not so much but I like building a temple there to get the combo mage/priest to move ahead with my armies, and the pegasus riders.

The indept shamans can be handy since some of them have stealth.

Of course all of this would be because of the nations I like to play as far as what is or isnt useful. But as far as researchers? I think I only would build a lab to get sages for that.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)