View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Weirdest bug yet

Quote:
SCAJolly said:
I'm in the second mission in a campaign between Norway and the USSR, ca 1988. "Special mission", it says.
In the core buy menu I see that two of my units (A and B, we'll just call'em) have a funny > mark on their names. "Oh, well," I thought, "Maybe I lost'em in the mission before this one."
I deploy all my units, but to my surprise when I'm done, the two units are still not deployed. The computer didn't 'pick' them for me as it would usually. One is even a B0.
I click on one of them, and out of curiosity, I click "Rooster" (or was it "Roster"?). There's the first strange thing. I see before me the enemy's force!!

Furthermore, these two units of mine are in enemy formations! Wuh!?

My first thought is that heck, this'll be fun to report. When I start the game after some extensive putting of mines and bw, the second strange thing appears. Or maybe it wasn't so strange after all. I see my units stationed on - the - enemy's - side - of - the - map. Facing me.
Now, these lads are yellow, and are probably going to be run over by enemy forces as soon as his turn starts, so I'm going to prepare their mourning soon. I can command them both.

What do'ya say to this?

Henning

I'm looking at the turn 2 save you sent

I'm not finding this "funny > mark on their names".

When I check unit B0 it's sitting in hex 28,14 which is well inside your lines and it's facing the Russians. You didn't tell me what the other unit was so I cannot check it but everything I see in this save game looks normal

What detail am I missing here??

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....