View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Private

lawrie5 is on a distinguished road
Default Libya 2011 Noob AAR Campaign

Hi! I'm completely new to this game, so im a noob, but i love it, its awesome and this is my first AAR.

- Campaign 2011 August - October - Libya 2011

Background: In our imagined scenario Libya is not currently in the midst of revolution or NATO bombardment. Instead we explore an alternative scenario.

August 2011 and emboldened by his rapprochement with the West and faced with growing domestic political crisis, Colonel Gadaffi takes a gamble.

The Aozou Strip, a territory with a long history of dispute between Libya and Chad is suddenly and unexpectedly annexed. Chad protests to the United Nations (UN) while bordering nations Algeria and Nigeria man their borders against the possible influx of refugees.

While the UN debates over what course of action to take, Libya responds in kind by reinforcing its own borders against Algeria and Nigeria.

Gadaffi hopes that sweeping nationalist sentiment at his successful annexation will buy time to thwart domestic political enemies – after all Chad can always be given back the Aozou Strip.

But...

One night, when a group of Libyan paramilitaries get themselves lost into Algerian territory, pride and ancient tribal loyalties threaten to escalate the conflict beyond imagination.

Battle 01 will follow