Thread: Whatz Up
View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2003, 02:23 AM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whatz Up

Yup, I first did tiles for KAngbandTK because I found the existing ones to be a bit 'fuzzy'. This fuzziness was probably due to the game having resized Adam Bolt's 16x16 tiles to 32x32.

KAngband is my favorite variant, I like that it has a wilderness and 'Quests'. I think 'Z' has these features now too, but I never could wrap my mind around Zelasny's wierd creatures.

My tiles then migrated to the other variants of Angband and then to other games like Silmar, Kharne: The revelation, and several more that escape my mind at the moment.

Here's a bit of insight, When Aaron first approached me he was going to do Dungeon Odyssey in the overhead 2D perspective. I convinced him that isometric was the better route to go.

I truely think that Dungeon Odyssey has a lot more potential than Angband and it's variants. A few ideas I have are 'wilderness dungeons' where you enter a 'forest' on the wilderness map and you find yourself in an 'outdoor' dungeon where trees, mountains and water make up what would be the dungeon walls. Also, I like the idea of creating 'themed' areas like swamps, (where you would only encounter creatures like snakes, rats, etc.) I also created a bunch of 'cliff' tiles to give the 'wilderness' more debth. These tiles are not being used in and mod yet. I plan on creating several mods myself, it's just a matter of time!

Nuf said! Cheers!