View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:42 PM

Private

arkhangelsk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Infantry getting slaughtered inside their APC by small-arms fire

I have been trying to stick the savefile on before, but the forum wasn't working great back then ... it is attached now.

It was September 1979, Russia v Japan. Note the vehicle J5 [BMP-2(-)], who was carrying J0. It got attacked as it blew past a Japanese Mech Section at 76,48. A 90mm Recoilless also took potshots. Seeing that J5 wasn't damaged or even badly suppressed, I got a tank to help and fired the autocannon and cannon a few times until the 90mm was destroyed and Japanese Mech section retreated to 75,48 (its present location). So I thought it is safe to unload my infantry - that was when I realized that my J0 was wiped out.

Animation and Delay levels were at max. I think I saw a certain line blink past, but I didn't really catch it because I didn't exactly expect my infantry to be annihilated by an attack which didn't even damage the APC.

ADDENDUM: After attaching the save, I just tried to switch players to Japan, let the computer finish my Russian turn and watch the replay, but I couldn't catch the text showing the demise of my J0 squad this time either.

All I was able to find out is that the killer of my J0 was apparently unit AJ2 on Japan's side - it now has a kill mark to its credit and I didn't let the Japanese kill any of my squads, tanks or BMPs up till now.

Hope the above helps the investigation.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z SpSv008.7z (96.0 KB, 89 views)