Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Map Element: Lowlands, Saigon area

Quote:
Pyros said:
I wish you good vacations!

Thanks, it WAS good except maybe last few days
Quote:

1. The dirt road - clear hex pattern maybe needs re-work.
3. The house of the village should be appropriate for the circumstances (more hut type)

Gotta have a bit more time (granted now I think) to play with it, and gotta get rid of my love for stereotypes
Quote:

2. The stone bridge is somehow out of order; because of the paved road...

I am often using this combination on my maps as I think the small road bridges, if they are wooden, are way too cheap target in SP, as they are often relatively small (depends of course on the type of stream, terrain etc...) and OTOH they have stable construction which allows them to sustain heavy traffic. And Wooden Bridges are way too fragile IMO.

Quote:

4. Maybe you should reconsider the village construction/structure and you may also add some green crop fields next to it(?)

Yes, thx.
Quote:

6. Maybe you should add/put some hexes between the stream and the rice paddies to the center.

I'd have done this on larger map, here I wanted everything to fit in the small frame so I was reducing sizes a bit, reducing in...
Quote:

7. Maybe you should reconsider the small rice paddies next to the village

these little paddies
OK, thanks very much for recommendations, gotta use them in next maps.