View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Helheim - lets burn some rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
Good guide, Baalz. Most of Helheim's old tricks still work, I just avoid them now out of emotional pain from the Svartalf plague.

Don't forget that Helheim can forge Owl Quills and Lightless Lanterns too. I agree that Drain isn't really going to hurt you as long as you're willing to spend some gems, and E9 for Helheim is pretty neat.

-Max
Man, I just don't like owl quills myself. They're just so inefficient, and using the massive thug wave strategy I tend to burn through a lot of air gems for cloud trapeze. Plus, honestly you start running out slots to stick blood stones and skull mentors in when you're recruiting smaller numbers of expensive mages while sending some of them out to raid and fight. Lightless lanterns are efficient enough, but to be honest every fire gem I scrape up goes to golden shields, or if I'm really lucky I start whipping out fire brands to go with them. You don't really end up with that much to fire site search with and ideally you want to crank out dozens of golden shields.