View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2009, 08:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

VedalkenBear is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nation - Lodum : Viral Death - version 0.39

A few observations so far.

All units have Disease cloud... but are not immune to them. While they all recuperate, and thus can get rid of the disease, this means that random units won't heal from a battle per normal, and the ability to use mercs is incredibly curtailed.

What's the rationale for giving the nation a 10-gem income? I see nothing so deficient so as to justify this.

Are Clams meant to provide an Astral income?

Re: the units, most of them have not enough strengths to counter their weaknesses. I like the sole missile troop (I didn't realize that they did poison damage at first), though perhaps giving them a bit more longevity might be better than the current design. I haven't tested the sacred trampler, but the cost is prohibitive for any sort of early game strategy. I assume it doesn't shrink like its pictured water elemental?

The best 'normal' unit seems to be, ironically, the 10g/14res guy, who is why you need to take Productivity with this nation, it seems. 12Prot, regenerating 6hp/turn, and with a pretty good Broadsword attack, he's at least worth the cost. I think the missile unit (mentioned above) is pretty overpriced for a 'fire and forget' use that then charge into melee and are in serious danger of dying.

The best commander seems to be... the incredibly cheap assassin? 40g (IIRC) for an Assassin with Fear, full slots IIRC, regeneration, and diseases the target if he gets in melee range for a turn without a save?

The mages seem fair... except that I think that the Necromancer is going to the inevitable prophet who (since Undead) should get the Unholy Priest Reanimation Perk that will make the early game much easier.

Anyway, these are my impressions so far.