View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

kasnavada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Pangaea strategy (not MA)

Another thing that's great / not so great for pans. They are not the same in EA than in MA.

They have a guaranteed blood and slightly lower earth magic. That means easy sabbath !

As far as chaff is concerned, I see a lot of ways for pangaea to make a lot. First is maenads. Second is carrions. However, you don't really have a lot of pans than can call them. Third is blood magic and cross-breed. Since it takes only a few blood slaves to make them I think it's worth it. Another one is going for wine men and wine ogres (not very practical in large numbers since they are magic beings). Finally, if you are desperate for even more chaff, you can summon animals.

The only problem for this strategy is that an army of 200 buffed armored units backed-up by magic can defeat an army of 1000 chaff. That's where I don't really know what would be better :
- concentrate on buffing my troops with spellwide spells ? especially since sabbath gives any of your mages (if empowered to 1) enough magic skill to cast nearly everything you need.
- creating SC / thugs to make up for the relative weakness of your chaff troops ? Does that work ? Easy access to regeneration, reinvigorisation will probably help in doing so.
* Darwi Odrade