View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:06 PM

Private

bonehead is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Win(e)SPMBT under Linux. (Ubuntu 7.10)

Hi Deadeye,

So far I have played 5+ battles completely through. Thoughts as follows...

I deliberately (sp?) did not set any dll overrides in winecfg, just to see what happened. And had no problems.

I don't know how to patch or rebuild or recompile an rpm (or...?), (don't forget, I'm a bonehead) I just updated wine through yast package management. So far updating this way has left all my pre-existing preferances as is.

The only game problem that I have had is when I minimized the game, started open office, (Writer), and started a major print operation. Since I already had aMule, Konqueror, Firefox, Gwenview, Wine, and the game running perhaps I overdid my resource usage. The game then slowwwwwwed tremendously when I got back to it, but did not lock up or crash. I saved my game and closed it as a precaution. Closed my other programs, restarted the game, and everything then restarted ok.

Sound works just fine (selected ALSA in winecfg). Attempting to access the game guide from Game Options _did not_ work, but I have no brouser set up in wine to read html documents so that is no surprise. Attempting to play back the enemy's turn in the game (video replay button?) also did not work. Didn't cause any problems, just didn't do anything.

I have played 1 full scenario, started one included campaign (US VS Druggies?)(into the third battle), and started 1 user generated campaign (in the 3rd battle now). No Problems, no other issues to report.

Mobhack has worked flawlessly, other than the icon display problem that I mentioned before. I even did major obat editing between battles in a user generated campaign, and had no problems restarting the campaign.

So, so far everything is very good.

james

Asus A7V880+AMD 32bit Athlon 2.1ghz, 2gb DDR1, ATI 1650 AllInWonderPro Graphics. openSUSE Linux 11.0 + KDE 3.5x(?) desktop.