Thread: Mod Tasilondren - Mid
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2007, 03:09 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tasilondren - Mid

I for one much prefer padmassa and I think you generally did a very good job on the flavour text in it. I'm looking forward to seeing it get to a v1.00 or so. Right now it's a bit of a turn off to summon buck imps and get eskimo atlantians,.. and of course aurochs are a major thing in that faction. Of course gameplay wise there's no difference,... but Dominions is a game that has very strong 'flavour' - it gives you a world to get lost in which makes up for some slightly dodgy gameplay quirks and AI.

I think there's a lot you can do with very little artwork, although I think you need one or two new pieces just to be the centrepiece of the nation. Ulm Reborn is going to have very, very few new graphics, but I really like the concept (which is nerfix's) and it translates into a couple of nice key units which will stand out just enough (I hope) to make the nation seem fresh.

I've made one mod with all new graphics and while it does look pretty awesome (especially in you've played exile) I actually prefer the feel of Vaettihiem and Ulm (both of which have few new graphics). I pretty much suck at drawing too but having given it a go editing sprites captured from dom3 it isn't that hard to make something that looks different but doesn't stick out as ugly.

As for this nation - I guess just wait and see what people think. There's a good gameplay concept there that's for sure.

What nations are you working on right now btw?