View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crossing the Amur

Turns 21-25:

After bloody close quarters fighting and aided by 2 flame tanks and the off shore AT fire, the engineers at the western approach, move further inland. Soviet vehicles come under fire from 2 dug in T34s. An ISU manages to knock one out, before the second one kills the ISU. The T34 itself gets also out of action, due to an accurate 85mm HEAT round from an AT gun. Infantry sections come ashore and establish a defensive perimeter.
At the eastern approach, the engineers finally move inland, clearing whatever minefields they come across. The first rifle platoon of the leading company also lands at the bridgehead there. The ISUs that landed earlier come inland, clearing sporadic infantry resistance, until they come across a platoon of T34s that fired upon the raiding spetsnaz. Big care is required to overcome this new foe.

Turns 26-30:

Here’s the catch: After heavy tank fire, all of my barges have been sunk, so the only armored forces I have on the Chinese shore are 5 ISUs on the eastern approach (one of them stuck on the mud) and 2 flame tanks on the western approach (both of them mobility kills from mines). That means I have to be extra careful with my forces there and in the west especially the poor riflemen have to do it Omaha style, since tank support is almost nonexistent. And to think that this sector seemed the one with the least resistance…Each step I make there is slow and bloody. At the east however, things start to be better for me, since my ISUs with the help of spetsnaz and artillery manage to knock out 3 T34s and only 2 still show up as of turn 30. The road is more mined than I expected however and I’ll need to use my engineers there to clean it up fast.