View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

elmokki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod Project Idea: Historical References Mod

Sounds pretty good otherwise, except that I kind of have to disagree with the Bane Spiders. I think it'd be thematically more suitable that they left the Anansi spider worship behind when they left their original homeland and their God Mountain and therefore while they can summon demon spiders that remind of the old, the recruitables just aren't there anymore as the spider culture has been destroyed by the slavery. I would though still allow the mages to transform to spiders. The assassin could possibly be some sort of a wannabe bane spider, ie a low level voodoo practicioner who wants to revive the bane spiders, and while he has worse weapons and less armor, he has magic.

Regarding units, the thing is that the current Machaka units feel like they're very african, and I think LA Machaka should have less african and more western influenced units in general. I personally would like to give them _some_ armor to make them actually somewhat viable raiders. The style though is pretty easily modifiable, as you could just for example make the shields less african looking and maybe switch the loincloth to pants or give them a shirt or something.

Otherwise the Marignon-like basic heavier troops sound pretty good, though they'd definately have less orange and more metal grey armor than Marignon troops just so that they don't look completely ridiculous.

Also, what's up with fire being replaced by water? I don't really know what the fire was for originally either, but water sounds even stranger. That said, the magic options look quite limited. Seeing that they won't have very good troops, I'd give them a bit more magic. Maybe even a second D/W/E/B 100% for sorcerer.