Thread: MAPS!
View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:29 PM

Private

Kailux is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first three maps

Thanks for your feedback shahadi

I have to confess i play SP since 1997 or so but i've always been shut in playing the AI.
There's so many maps and scenarios that entertained me over all these years, i think it's time to step up and give a little bit back

So far, i took a screenshot of the map area and used Photoshops measuring tool on the 500m distance mark on the map (length in pixels).
Then just set the "grid overlay" option to that distance (and adding 10 sub divisions). Pretty straight forward, the result is the "topo" image i included for each map which i used as a reference.

But then i found out about Venhola, holy! Even easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
1) Place a few identifiers, i.e. landmarks, for example: highway 244, Ohre Lake.
I included some map text on town centers, rivers, roads and such, i placed some * along the (former) border, but for some reason just some or none show up on lowest zoom. On second lowest zoom they should show up.
If not, there's something else going wrong too.

These spmaptxt files are great. Stumbled upon this earlier today and loved the idea of giving some info on the region. Most of the time you load up a map and got no real clue where the heck this place is exactly I'm into this kind of gimmicks.

(To be honest, i would have loved to include some pictures of how it looks like in reality too but i am afraid that's way out of the scope of whats possible with spmaptxt. SpmapHTML would be awesome)