View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:07 PM

Corporal

RadicalTurnip is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tide turning items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conq View Post
Alright, so another quick question, when i'm playing against the AI towards the late game i'll usually wish for a few doom horrors to knock the AI down a peg to manageable levels, and occasionally i'll get one stolen from me, so whats the best way to kill them? I've found that casting a bunch of "Angelic Hosts" is the easiest way to catch them before they get away. And one time I kitted out an Ether Lord with a Mage bane (i think thats the right sword, or whichever one destroys magic beings) and had him chase around my rogue horrors.
If you want to put the computer in their place, I haven't found anything much better than Astral Corruption for the long-term...they just kill off all their mages with it and waste all their gems. Of course, the micro if you're still planning on actually casting anything is a bit...terrible.

Another good way to take out some of those armies is to build tartarans (that you heal) or elemental royalty. Then, just kit them out with some nice items, and watch them go to town on the armies. Make sure that they don't go too deep, though, as they could easily be killed just by being retreated (sometimes at turn 50) and cut off.