National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT V13 ( 2019 ) Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys View Post
Just a question, why would the levels have to be adjusted higher instead of stay the same? I guess what I'm trying to say is that if a battle is fought in 1973 and the Egyptians are assaulting or advancing on an Israeli force (which has higher experience and morale ratings) why would the Egyptian force if under the conditions you outlined as far as units and points are concerned need to suddenly get higher ratings as well? It seems to me that it doesn't work that way in real life. That's kind of a "hulk-mode engaged" type of moment right?
Levelling is only there for the situation where player 1 has spent a lot on points and player 2 (the AI) has bought its troops, but still has points left to spend.

The human player may buy a zillion tiger 2 say, and the AI then does its buy with infantry units etc and hits its limit of 500 elements, with points in the kitty still.

The levelling code then runs through incrementing troop quality (experience and morale) until the outstanding points are used up, the experience levels are maximised, or the loop has been through 50 times.

So levelled up AI is only really for the sort of player who buys 500 MBT and expects the AI to match that. The AI buys a standard buy, not a fleet of MBT (even on tank heavy!).

(If I redid these games from the ground up then I would probably have another 500 slots free, that the human never would be allowed to have but the AI (or a scenario designer)could.)
It looks like that level-up feature won't be making it into the release as testing brought up some oddities.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: