View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM

Captain

Pibwl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Off-map artillery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post

And while I see you are including every gun even if it's "OK" by your data it only makes wading through the data slower than if the good ones were on a separte list ( or not included at all ) and the "problem" ones were kept isolated becasue the very first thing I'm going to do when I sit down to start looking at this is delete all the ones marked "OK"...... so not including the "good" ones will save us both some time
As you wish. Although I did it for three main reasons: 1) I wanted to indicate, that I didn't forget to check such gun; 2) I wanted to put the figures, so you can verify; 3) sometimes I'm not sure if it should be made even up or down.

One correction as for sources: "Light and Medium Field Artillery" WW2 Fact Files is by Chamberlain/Gardner, not Hogg, as I wrote.

As for German #65 10.5cm leFH16, I've found, that these authors wrote 11km, but other sources, including Engelmann (German), credit it with no more, than 9+ only. So 200 is justified, as I've written (now it has 204)

As for 10.5cm leFH 18 - it has 202, and I've written "pretty OK", but I'm afraid it is too much. Only leFH 18M and leFH 18/40 models introduced 12.3 km range, but I didn't find precise info, when they appeared. The photos of these guns (with a muzzle brake) come mostly from 1941 onwards (if they are dated). Basic model leFH18 had only 10.6 km range, and it should be 201 - the difference might be important against US 105mm M2 FH or 75mm Mle 1897 with 11.1-11.4km or 25pdr with 12.2km.

Michal