View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2015, 11:55 AM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSP:Civil War - 19th Century mod for WinSPWW2

Dear mkr8683,

I very much enjoyed playing a number of the scenarios in your mod. The shorter scenarios Mc Dowell, Front Royal and First Kernstown were all great fun. Kernstown being a real challenge. Shiloh was a blast too with some really nasty fire-fights in the centre and some surprises - the bombardments by the Federal artillery directed against my artillery in the centre, for instance.

Based on what I have seen thus far I'd say it is a great mod. Well executed too. I do however have a few observations.

In the Shiloh scenario I noticed that one of the CS Corps commanders appears as an USAAF aircraft instead of as the appropriate mounted troop. The same can be said of the scenario Cross Keys where Jackson's HQ is depicted as a Jap bomber.

Some sounds also were missing for cavalry units - movement. The Corps commander mounts also play the sound for a truck when on the move.

I also noticed that a portion of the Union force in the Shiloh scenario showed up much later - around turn 36/37 of 40 after much of the fighting was already over and that some of the Union artillery were off at the top left-hand corner of the map. Perhaps this is intentional?

The scenario could be shorter as by about turn 29/30 I had routed the Union forces and taken all the objectives.

The Fort Pulaski Scenario is over pretty quick as the Union shore batteries can deliver a well placed shot to the fort, which blows it sky high - armour value is set to 0 for the fort.

These were my observations.

Great work and great fun.