View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Other games you've played that you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Firefight is a nice little platoon-sized WW2 skirmish level game.

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/ff.html

cheers
Andy
Maaan... you know Firefight too!
This was the game I played before I know Steel Panthers by you guys!

Back then my computer was too slow for Close Combat, so I gave Firefight a go. Oh lord I can't forget the nostalgic feeling... the cows mowing, the birds chirping on the battlefield, little tiny soldiers getting squashed into tomatoes, blue bars going black for lack of radio range, and most of all the green meadows & hedgerows of the map, I feel I can smell it alright.

But great as it is, the game is just not enough for me, the scope, unit diversity, maps, etc is just limited.

So imagine my COMPLETE ECSTASY when I found WinSPWW2!! I remember laughing out loud (with satisfaction mind you, not humor!) looking at the mindboggling scope of this game, the unit encyclopedia, the huge maps, man!!! I remember showing it to a friend sitting beside me, who can only sneer with confusion, "What's so great about that 2D hexagon game!" You wouldn't believe that I ACTUALLY PRINTED the game manual and read it in school, despite it was an end-term exam period.

(If I remember correctly, I found about WinSPWW2 by stumbling upon DRG's Linetap website, not this forum).

Ah the old days....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RightDeve For This Useful Post: