View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:15 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The List of Events in Dominions 3

That's an outstanding piece of work Edi. You certainly have many thanks from me for putting it together, and at such speed too.

Haven't analysed the list extensively yet, but can see several places immediately where your data differs from my tests. Since I can see a lot of events that you have indicated as having scale requirements such as Order, Luck, Magic etc. But certain I've had them trigger without those scales as they are on the list of events I have so far documented, but to date I have only extensively tested (and therefore documented) full neutral and full neutral + Misfortune2 scales.

So in theory I should never have seen the events that need Order, Luck, Magic etc. given the limited scales testing I've done so far. Also, several of the events that seem to require a specific season (from their text, and from your data) I have seen trigger at any time of year. Since the seasonal events were high on my list of the events I wanted to confirm as being season dependent or not. But found many events occurred outside the season they were (probably) meant to be limited to.

Something weird somewhere, since a lot of those events I have seen 100's of times. Once or twice could account for the odd scale setting slipping in somewhere due to an event or hidden site. But not the high number of times I've seen them in my tests.

I'll try and sort through my testing achieves for saved examples of some of the above (since I saved a lot of turns in which I seen events occur when they possibly shouldn't). Or just re-create them since they were so common. Only example I have to hand right now is regarding the Ancient Presence event. Since I've had it trigger several times without the growth scale requirement on your list (and indeed the growth scale requirement most people thought was needed for the event to trigger).

And thanks again for all your time and effort on this Edi. You're a star. The attached game file regarding the Ancient Presence event is on the Faerun map, which I'm fairly certain you have
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ancient_P_Without_Growth_Scales.zip (210.3 KB, 520 views)