View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:40 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troubling Times: Game over, Marverni wins

That looks an awesome read Amhazair (which I will read for certain once a window of free dom time opens).

Not sure how many would be interested in seeing something that big as an AAR though, as it would take many sittings to read for a whole game, meaning the temptation would be very high to just skip large chunks of it if a text that size appeared "all at once" (ie. after the game). And people skipping parts would be a great shame given all the work and effort that would certainly go into it.

But what you've done there is very similar to the type of detailed DAR (D = During) that I've been itching to do for ages. And which I think players would read, regardless of text length, if the entries appeared at regular intervals (ie. every turn / 48 hours, or updated 2-3 times a week).

Doing a good detailed DAR though requires a good group of players who won't read the DAR thread, and a game with a very relaxed hosting schedule

ps. Congrats on the win, and possibly even more amazingly, managing to finish a game on Faerun.