View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2005, 05:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Resources for web site

Quote:
embis said:
I have done several fan sites, and have shamelesly used graphics from the games and banners from the company websites without a second thought for copyright. The sites have quite clearly been fan sites and not an attempt to dupe the public into thinking they are anything else.

My view is that any company that whines about breech of copyright over graphics on a fan site deserves not to have any fansites.

In any case, they arent going to go straight to a lawyer and instigate proceedings against you. First they are going to contact you and ask you to take it down. If they do that comply.

....and then stop giving them your money by buying their games because they dont deserve you as a customer.

I must admit, when I read the thread where someone had offered a MSword version of the manual for download I did feel a pang of irritation when the "C" word was used in response...here was a fan offering something other fans wanted, for no personal gain, and here was a representative of the game saying "you cant do that its copyright"

What a shame.

It's truly amazing how things can be twisted and misinterpreted.

NOBODY from The Camo Workshop OR Shrapnel said ANYTHING about "copywrite" ( or " whines about breech of copyright" ) in regards to graphics in the game guide being used by fansites. .........."Though, I`ve a feeling, as this is part of the manual, its copyrighted. But you get the idea." .........was "dita"s words, NOT ours .

If anyone wants to use the banners and graphics in the game guide or on my website to promote the game they are more than welcome to. The green "WinSPMBT" banner that is on the front page of the game guide and on the first page of http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm would be perfect as would be the attached animated GIF (winspmbt5.gif)

Don
Attached Images
File Type: gif 373047-winspmbt5.gif (57.1 KB, 147 views)

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....