View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:46 AM

Captain

earcaraxe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

I have some ideas about pretender changes I would like to share with the public. I would like to spark a discussion about them, as these are not tested, but based on my playing experience. Exact numbers are educated guesses, might need tweaking. Your insights are very much welcome, please feel free to share ur opinions.

Some general reasons behind my ideas:
- B should be cheap as everyone always thinks “I’ll just empower them if needed”.
- I think its ok for the titans to have high magic paths unless it makes a good major bless significantly cheaper (which wasn’t my intention). My goal was that a titan (that has tipically 2 paths innately) should be a master of those two, and not much else. Lead an army, cast devastating battle enchantments then fly home and put up his ritual. Clearly most of them could use some help. (One idea would be to use the “magicboost” modding command and raise their skill by about two in the given paths, which would bump up their magic ability without strengthening the bless.)
- The summoning bonii are fun, cool, have their niches and thematic. I like the already present ones very much, some more would be nice. It makes the chassis more „special”, even „loveable” (for me at least). They are intended not to bee too strong, and most certainly they are not strong at all.

scorpion king – summon allies: 3 scorpion beasts

son of the sun – F3, bonus fire snakes (4) when summoning them

great warlock – generates 3 slaves per turn (presently still suboptiomal to other astral rainbows)

lord of the desert sun – summon allies: 3 lions

lord of the summer plague – D3F1N1

lord of fertility – autosummon ??? (something thats thematic with fertility, random animals perhaps)

lord of the wild – N3 B3 (totally redundant paths)

mother of tuathas – A3 N3, summon allies: 3 sacred tuatha warriors. (otherwise redundant paths. if i take her, i want her to be really better than my mages)

colossal head – N2 B4 (i wonder if it gets used at all)

great black bull – N1 B3 (without slots B1 is so weak)

dragons – level 3 F/W/N magic, blue – amphibious, green dragon - recuperation. (got these ideas from valerius)

what do u think?