View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2005, 10:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

Andrew Lonon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: very impressed !

Will:

Somehow I missed this note – probably because it has a reply already. Anyway – Let me get back to you in a few days with a more detailed answer. For now…

Fleet Moral:
You (and Blaque) have raised some important points. The computer side should be disengaging when things get too ugly for it, but I’ll make sure to double check that specific element. <G>

RPG Elements:
In Salvo (this initial version) there are almost no (other than scripted scenario text) RPG elements at all. Interest in PRG elements has been one of the most constant themes of all the feedback and criticism (I mean that in the artistic sense) that I have received. More attention (focus?) on the player’s embodiment in a single captain would be a powerful feature, and you can rest assured that further developments will take that into consideration. (WOW – I just said something that means nothing. Lets try again…)

Salvo II (Working title) will most likely follow one of two path. It will either be a refinement of the current Salvo game that focuses on abstracted strategy – or it will veer drastically toward the Patrick O'Brian
Spectrum of RPG elements. I like to look at as ‘floggings’ or ‘no floggings.’

After Salvo goes gold and before it ships (while the CDs are being burned and shipped) I’ll be starting a discussion on this topic.

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Ratty