View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:34 AM

First Lieutenant

YellowCactus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AoE? Bullock? Wraithlord? Somebody!!!!

If I hosted a game.

1) Only known and approved account names would be allowed to play. This would unfortunately prevent new players from joining. The reason for this requirement would be to prevent known cheaters and quitters from joining under the radar.

2) All game turn files from each player would be submitted to a third party and stored in case a need for review arose. There was this guy called norfleet back in Dom2. He was wiping everybody out. When his turn got audited, his gem stockpiles were each in the thousands.

3) Diplomacy is a REAL part of Dominions. No Diplomacy means you are going to get 'dog-piled' as the saying goes. All player personalities would be allowed and encouraged to play. It's hard and not fun when other players lie to you, but that's the risk of trusting another false god. ONLY RELY UPON YOUR OWN DOMINION to win. If you can convince a false god to do your bidding, awesome! Personally, I don't like when one player attacks another player just to allow a third player to win without a fight. But...I'm not sure how to prevent that sort of play. The game requires so many hours of management, the late game can be hard to keep players committed to.

The game errata could be modified by the players. Specific house rules, exploit bans, ect. Our current 'usual' hosts all do a great job of creating, managing, and monitoring games.