View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2005, 12:22 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: General discussion

Guess that makes me 2nd.

My name is Mike Torrance and I live in the SouthEast US (Tennessee). I'm 41 and spent 13 years in the US Regular Army (Armor) followed by 3 years in the National Guard (Scout). My last employment stint was as Regional Director for a International Work Travel/Intership Sponsor here in the US.

I started with boardgames way back when they 1st came out and then graduated to the PC. For those who are old enough I played a lot of Panzer Strike, Typhoon of Steel and Overrun. These were really the grandfathers of the SP series. I have played all versions of SP but mostly SPWAW. This was primarilly due to my inability to get SPMBT and SPWW2 to work on my newer PC's. I prefer the Modern period so naturally SPMBT is my passion.

As some of you may already know, I am the Steel Panther's Section Leader for the "StrategyZone Online" Website. I also have my own personal website "Combat Campaigns". I have been running multi-player games (like the Combat Mission Mega Campaign) since about 1998. Most of these were run using SPWAW since it has additional utilities that helped make that type of truly multiplayer game possible. From what I see with WinSPMBT it will make my ability to run some Combat Campaigns in the Modern Era a reality.

"Double Deuce"