View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2008, 09:30 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strangest examples of good or bad luck?

I know it is an old thread, but since it is still in the first page...

A couple of months ago playing against the AI, one of my tanks fired at an enemy infantry that was occupying the same hex. I think it was an M48, but can't remember after all this time. Anyway, it missed, but it managed to immobilise itself. I was laughing all the way till 2-3 turns later when the same tank was destroyed by something else.
I can imagine how the gunner must have felt.

About lucky ones, in another battle part of a generated campaign again, I had an infantry aTGM team that had A LOT of kills over several battles, running to reach a hilltop (its APC was immobilised earlier) then out of nowhere an enemy BMP-1 appeared, 1 hex from it. I was near the end of movement for most of my units and wasn't expecting anything there, so I couldn't attack the BMP. End turn and the enemy artillery starts and, I don't remember what it was but I think it was a 120mm mortar, and hits the top of the BMP and destroys it. All the other shots were not close enough to it or my team. One of the rare cases where I saw the AI fire artillery so close to its units.
The other time was last night when a cluster shell from an artillery destroyed an enemy t-72. I laughed and laughed.