View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2004, 05:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

Scott Hebert is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Golden Age Arcoscephale

Quote:
I'm not sure if you are trolling or just being argumentitive, but at this point I'll just suggest you not use the mod =).
I think it's safe to say that I don't troll, having been given ample opportunity and not taking it. About the most trollish thing I've done in this thread is to point out that it's Golden Era, not Golden Age (which I have now done twice).

Quote:
I think most players would agree with my assesment of the Shedu as an absolutely horrible example of a national pretender, but you clearly are not one of them and seem determined not to be convinced otherwise.
No, I'm not going to be convinced with the arguments you've put forward so far, especially when they get basic facts about the game wrong (such as how buying paths work).

To be specific, if you have no levels in a path, the first level will cost the Path cost listed for the Pretender. The second level will cost 16 points. If you have 1 in a Path already, the second level (the first one you purchase) will cost 8 points.

To be fair, though, my initial post was reacting more to other people's comments about giving the Shedu EEESSS or EESS, which is completely unbalanced. Your mod, as I see it, wouldn't change much, but I shirk away from giving a Pretender with _that_ many HPs and _that_ much combat potential a base Dominion of 4.