View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2004, 08:58 PM

Sergeant

Blitz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Golden Age Arcoscephale

Quote:
On the issue of Wind Riders, we musn't forget that they can fly AND have a lance. Doesn't that make them similar to a nuclear warhead against spell dependent SC's?
Most SC's are erthreal or wear a robe of erthrealness, so it's not as effective as it would first seem. But yes, they still pretty good in that role.

Quote:
While I'm not an expert on Golden Era, and I know the main subject are wind riders, I think you could have taken a better approach to myrmidons. Myrmidons are supposed to be soldiers who always follow their superior's orders (I don't know if that definition evolved in time or was a trait that the classic mythological myrmidons had). I think they should be given 50 morale to make them powerful tanks.
I agree somewhat with your logic here. My concept of a myrmidon is an elite, skilled, brave warrior... who unfortunately has a crappy sword and antique armor. I gave them a fairly significant morale boost as it is. I think the developers want to reserve ultra-high morale for mindless units such as undead... and berserkers. I had toyed with giving the myrmidons a berserker flag, but didn't feel it was either needed or appropriate to the theme.