View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM

Private

NoPJag is on a distinguished road
Default Re: *TWO PEOPLE* created (most of) this game?!?

Yes, congratulations, it really is amazing! I think the key here is passion for what they do!

I do develop for a living, and I don't think I could code some more after work in a professional way like they do (I have some other hobbies). Let alone, I like the skills in SDL/graphics libraries in general, IA to make such a great game. I find also the map random generation awesome. In summary, game developement knowledge is I think one of the most demanding field in computer science, especially given the not so uncommon lack of patience of gamers !

The fact that the game is multi-platform is also an achievement. How many application fail in this regard !

The screenshot of the typical day at illwinter reminded me how great the icons are and how there are lots of them! Despite my lack of free time (like everyone else) I would maybe like to make a mod which would be a nation. I'd try to make balanced although it is difficult not to favour your 'children' ;-). I tried in fact to draw some unit in 32x32 and I find it really hard! Especially if you try to par it with the quality of the original nations !

It would maybe nice to have some kind of tutorial/basic guidelines on how to approach this quality !