View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:17 AM

First Lieutenant

Renojustin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Pangaea strategy

Quote:
Valandil said:
Its pretty silly to compare turmoil/luck with order, on the assumptio nthat gift of natures bounty will be up. I mean, that isn't even going to be my first reseach priority. Actually, I'm probably not even going to cast it.

Compare Pangaea, Ord3, 1/3 map, Gift of Nature's Bounty, with
Ermor, Turmoil 3 Luck 3, 1/3 map, Arcane Nexus.
Its just not reasonable to include 9th level globals as part of the scale- how many games have you actually got and kept the gift up in? Maybe... 10%? 5%?

If Endoperez does that test, we will have pretty conclusive statistics, until then, it seems to me as though the two scale sets are fairly balanced, and in light of Pangaea's Maenads I would have to conclude that Turmoil/Luck is the superior choice.

Personally, I prefer it anyways- always liked gems more than money, as you can see below.
Well, gold vs gems. How many gems do you really need to cast the best spells with your Pan battlemages? (which you can afford with Order 3) +40 or 50 a turn is all you really need in your appropriate areas, and you can hire Pans, summon Faerie Courts, and such till the rams come home with and equip them with as much materia as they need to fire off spells for a good long while.

Then again, how much gold do you need? Well, for starters you can jack all your PD to 50+ with no sweat with a turn or two of Bounty. Indies never take over on random events again, apart from the bonus you get against players. It's permanent and costs no upkeep. It's worth about 5 castles a turn. Ok, Arcane Nexus is cool too.