View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:36 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Pangaea strategy

Quote:
Endoperez said:
It's really hard to tell what's going on with luck on big games. The maximum of 3 events probably isn't hard-coded any more, but I have no idea how Luck scales.

I think I'll have to do a custom map for testing. Some ~100 province map with no/few seas, remove terrain and small/large tags, set two nations to start with 25 provinces, a temple in all of those to spread dominion and PD of 21 in all to lessen the effect of invasion events and perhaps a mapmove 10 flying supercombatant for both sides to get conquered provinces back in few turns.
That's pretty much what I did in the attachment above to get the six-lucky-event turn, Endo: level zero indies with a dom10 Caelum, dom 10 Helheim, both Luck-3 Turmoil-3 on a big map. I didn't bother taking back lost provinces, and ran it for about 150 turns.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?