View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:37 PM

Corporal

mighty_scoop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: List of games currently seeking players (Making a new game? Need Subs? Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBits View Post
Thanks mighty_scoop. So if I understand correctly, all LlamaServer games also get posted here in this forum? [...]
The other way around ... first step to open a game is to make a thread here in this forum ...
after the game is full the game admin (mostly the one who started the thread) creates the game on llamaserver ... after that the player who posted in the thread that they want to play send in their pretenders.
To summarize ... on the forum you start and find games. On the llamaserver you play games and get infos about running games.

Quote:
[...]
I guess that's what I couldn't figure out. How accurate/up-to-date is the LlamaServer information? Right now, it's showing that Art_of_War is still open (14 out of 16 nations)? Is that accurate ("Last updated at 16:45 GMT on Tuesday May 19th")? Where should I be looking for the most current information?[...]
Still open in this case means, that 2 of the 16 participants didn't yet send their pretenders ... not that they are still searching for players (that's as mentioned above part of the forum).

Quote:
[...]
And if I see a game I'm interested in, what's the first thing I should do to reserve a slot? Sorry if these questions seem super-noob, but I've never played MP outside of my small circle of friends (but I'd like to expand on that), and I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any more help!
If you want to play in a game, don't look at the llamaserver ... search this forum for games still searching for players (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41304 this thread is helpful) ... or ... perhaps the best way ... just start one by yourself ( take a look at this thread http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=39877)

greetings
The Following User Says Thank You to mighty_scoop For This Useful Post: